Software Engineer Web Frontend
As a Web Frontend engineer at Discontract, you'll create and maintain experiences across some of our 500+ web frontend properties, including marketing pages and signup flows, applications for our clients and pros. Our internal business and operations tools that manage our services worldwide. You'll have the opportunity to impact our core local on-demand service business.
- 4+ years of full-time engineering experience
- You have a strong understanding of HTTP, HTML, CSS, Web APIs and other core Web technology concepts
- You have experience with Web and Information Security concepts and concerns, such as CORS, CSP, CSRF, XSS, etc.
- You have experience and passion for building complex, performant, responsive, accessible and beautiful web experiences that are well-tested, documented and monitored.
- You are adept at communicating and collaborating effectively with others, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong
- You are excited to learn from and teach others
Bonus points if
- You have experience with modern web tools (npm/Yarn, Babel, Browserify/Webpack, etc.)
- You have experience with modern web frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- You are familiar with service-oriented architecture, microservices, and distributed systems
- You have Web/Visual Design, UI/UX, and other relevant HCI experience
Team-specific focus areas
We have a variety of roles and teams for you depending on where your interests best match:
- Marketing and Onboarding - Experience creating experimentation-heavy, content-driven websites where performance and usability matter most
- Mobile-Web Applications and Portals - Experience building large-scale, device-responsive websites that are long-lived and have an app-like feel
- Business and Operations Tools - Experience with productivity and management tools that increase efficiency of the business
We’re changing the way people think about working. Not that long ago we were just an app to order services around the house. For the people who work with Discontract, our app represents a flexible new way to earn additional income. For cities, we help strengthen local economies and improve access to services.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on peer-to-peer payment solutions, social insurance bringing new work tools every day. We’re reimagining how people work.
You can apply here by send us an email to [email protected]
Only English CVs and Applications will be considered.